All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Most used GTK functions?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:03 pm 

Hi! Could someone of you who is quite familiar with GTK+ 2.x please help me in creating a list of those GTK functions which are most used/important for small but useful applications?

Background: We're discussing at AROS-Exec.org if setting up a bounty for a GTK+ 2.x wrapper for AROS would be reasonable. (AROS is an open-source recreation of the Commodore-Amiga operating system.)

To define for the AROS bounty program when the aim of a basic GTK wrapper (sufficient for first small applications) is reached, so that the developer(s) will get the bounty, we have thought to do this by a set of the most important GTK functions which have to be implemented.

So if anyone of you could help us, I'd be very grateful.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:57 pm 

Wouldn't it be better to pick X useful and fairly portable applications and set as a goal that all these would have to work?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:35 pm 

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to pick X useful and fairly portable applications and set as a goal that all these would have to work?
Would also do the job, of course - you don't know by chance the one or other suitable application for such a list?

Because of course I can (and will, to get some progress) pick a few programs from gnomefiles.org, but being no expert, I do not know of course which programs might be more typical regarding their required GTK+ functions and which not. And, especially, I do not know which of them might have further dependencies not available under AROS...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:22 am 

Quote:
Would also do the job, of course - you don't know by chance the one or other suitable application for such a list?
GIMP 2.x
Sodipodi
gvim
Abiword
Gnumeric
GAIM
GnomeMeeting
Evolution
Dillo
Anjuta

To mention a few important apps.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:55 pm