All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:24 am 
Quote:
Quote:
if Genesi has XGI 3D drivers source code, is it also planned to do a MorphOS version of it ?
As far as I know, nobody is working on this. It would probably make a fun MorphOS project, but I don't have the time to do it. I also don't know how much work this would be from a MorphOS point of view, a MorphOS developer can probably tell you more about their 3D graphics framework and the engineering effort required to port a driver such as the one we have for Linux.
I thought, that question might deserve a new thread. Don't you think ?

So the question is : would it be possible for Genesi & XGI to provide source code for a very limited number of MorphOS expert developers signing a NDA to make a OpenGL 2.0 compliant driver for MorphOS (if they are interested of course) ?

That would be really cool !

Maybe Genesi could then ship some ODW with XGI graphic cards ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:23 am 

Unfortunately i doubt that the "gfx/3D" part of the MOS team would feel really interested in coding a 3D driver for just a few users of XGI cards. They have so much more to focus on at the moment. I don't think it could happen in a near future. What about sending an email at 3D(at)morphos-team.net ? Best way to end speculation and get a clear idea about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:07 am 
Well, of course you're right, but I wanted to know first if Genesi/XGI could provide the 3D source code with NDA to any interested developer (member or not of the official team) and if they were planning to do a XGI driver for Pegasos by themselves.

But of course if the 3D team is interested/wants to do the job it would be better. They did a really great job (most of reverse engineering as it seems) and they deserve people make donations to them to support their work.
I guess that with source code it would be a piece of cake for them compared to what they did for others 3D gfx drivers.

But you're right, I'm going to send an email about this to henes to have his opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:30 am 

Quote:
I wanted to know first if Genesi/XGI could provide the 3D source code with NDA to any interested developer (member or not of the official team) and if they were planning to do a XGI driver for Pegasos by themselves.
Genesi won't do a XGI morphOS driver, but if the MOS team is willing to code it i'm sure that Genesi will do its best to provide with the necessary information as they offered. So i think we need an answer from the MOS team first.
Quote:
But of course if the 3D team is interested/wants to do the job it would be better. They did a really great job (most of reverse engineering as it seems) and they deserve people make donations to them to support their work.
Definately ! Now i think we should discuss this on MorphZone instead ;-)