All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:18 am 

Downloaded gentoo-stage3-armv7a-20101216.img.bz2 from http://dev.gentoo.org/~darkside/arm/efikamx/install/

and wrote the image onto a 16 GB Transcend SD.

I inserted the SD into the Efika and pushed Start. The HDMI signal to my Dell U2410 (1920x1200 native resolution) was there; however, what was displayed was so fuzzy or pixalated that I cannot discern what is happening. It also appears the boot is hung, there is no activity or changing values as might occur were the disk being checked. Although the boot report looks to have the indented area where an IP is sought and obtained, my router is not reporting anything assigned, so I'm concluding that the unit is not network connected (was hoping an SSH daemon might have been launched). After 5-10 minutes, the HDMI signal from the unit no longer is being sent, when I switch my monitor over to the HDMI port, it immediately goes into sleep mode. I tried unplugging the HDMI plug from the Efika and then plugging it back in, my monitor detected a signal (after advising the HDMI plug was unplugged) and then went into sleep mode.

I have a photo of the screen; however, it does not appear I can upload photos to this bulletin board, I'm not seeing the usual image insertion menu items.

I'll contact the builder of the image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 pm 

I posted the photo of the unreadable screen on Tinypic:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I posted the photo of the unreadable screen on Tinypic:

Intriguing. I'll also contact the builder of the image as I want to make sure they're using the latest kernel..