All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: ~ppc packages available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:43 pm 
Genesi

I thought I had posted this here but apparently I didn't.

If you use an Efika, I have been using mine for quite a while to build ~ppc packages. These packages are all publicly available to anyone who wants to use them (watch the USE flags!) and I do take requests if you'd like me to build something (please don't ask me to build OpenOffice, it takes at least 3gb of memory to build! (or it did back in 2005, probably more now) It's quite simple if you aren't sure how to do it. Load up make.conf in your favorite editor (sudo vim /etc/make.conf) and add the following
Code:
Then from now on, when you want to install something, simply do:
Code:
emerge -avGK awesome-ppc-package
And again, if you want a package, you can drop me a private message, or email me, steev at gentoo dot org and I will get it going. It sits at my work but I always have a reverse tunnel open to it.