All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: chromium
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 am 

Hello,
After system upgrade Chromium crashes with segmentation fault with no additional info. Can anybody help me with that? What can I do to fix this issue?

Hardware: Efika MX Smartbook
Image: efikamx-armhf-20122026.img.xz
Chromium: 20.0.1132.57~r145807-1

Post subject: Re: chromium
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:13 am 

It's a known bug unfortunately. I already asked around and it's something to do with the way it's linked or something. nobody wants to deal with debgging a 1 or 2GB plus linker process on ARM.

chromium runs great if you can get it built properly but it's also a beast to build and the binary before stripping is almost 700 something MBs. (now imagine building that on your average arm machine and it makes figuring stuff like this out a nightmare)

I tried to play with it but I didn't get very far. Hopefully someone in the debian project can fix it. I think there is an open bug already (at least I hope there is)

Post subject: Re: chromium
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:16 am 

Quote:
It's a known bug unfortunately. I already asked around and it's something to do with the way it's linked or something. nobody wants to deal with debgging a 1 or 2GB plus linker process on ARM.

chromium runs great if you can get it built properly but it's also a beast to build and the binary before stripping is almost 700 something MBs. (now imagine building that on your average arm machine and it makes figuring stuff like this out a nightmare)

I tried to play with it but I didn't get very far. Hopefully someone in the debian project can fix it. I think there is an open bug already (at least I hope there is)
Actually I tried to compile package from repository sources, but with no luck. It's a shame, because there is no browsers to choose from on ARM. Thank you for answer.