All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:48 am 

Hi,

FYI, I did some expermimental builds of OOoLight ( see http://wiki.ooolight.org ), and I need some feedback. Available locales are : de, es, it, fr, en-us, zh-cn and zh-tw

To install it :
Add the line : deb http://deb.ooolight.org testing main

... in your /etc/apt/sources.list

Note: if you want the french version, $your_locale will contain : fr
export your_locale=choose_one
sudo apt-get update && apt-get install ooolight-$your_locale

If it doesn't launch, returning something like "soffice.bin does not exist", this is probably because of the missing /lib/ld-linux.so.3
Fast workaround: sudo ln -s /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /lib/ld-linux.so.3

Don't ask me why, but I did the build on Markos experimental armhf installset and maybe the old ABI library was used, not sure (though, I'm sure I used the armhf ABI with -mfloat-abi=hard).

Work in progress : new builds using /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 + -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard flags

Thanks in advance for any feedback !!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:07 am 

this new runtime linker path for armhf has been introduced from (e)glibc-2.16.
Btw, thanks for your work. OOoLight works like a charme. Do you also plan to release a tar.xz archive for different distros ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:38 pm 

@acrux

Apologies : I was afk since monday, and was not able to answer you. Though, thanks a lot for the feedback !

What is your exact need ? FYI, the build consists in create pre-installed (and directly working) versions of OOoLight, that I turn into .deb (using a shell script, dh_make and everything Debian-ish and so on).

As you can see, this is very easy to create archives e.g. under .tar.xz format from there.

Other way: extract everything form the .deb, and create your .tar.xz.

Last but not least (prefered) : everybody is welcome to build itself its own version for another dstro. Said differently : new contributors are welcome, and I could help/accompany them on IRC.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 am 

ok thank you. Thus as first test i'll give a try using your static binaries repacking the .deb into .tar.xz archive.
Anyway a native build from source for CRUX ARM is pretty doable and it will surely be a task of mine.

--nico