All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:59 am 

Hello,

I was running an old 2.6.15.6 kernel and was happy because all what i needed with debian was running ok.

I tried to update to the new "lenny" distrib, lots of package were updated, everything went fine exept some warnings telling me that i had to use a new kernel

no probleme until here : a new kernel 2.6.26-2 was installed with all his modules

if i boot 2.6.26 ps2 devices dont work anymore, it work with usb(i only have a usb mouse to try replacing ps2 kb&mouse)

if i boot my old kernel 2.6.15 ps2 devices still work but lots of modules(like ethernet) dont work anymore, i definately have to use a new kernel with my debian distrib updated to lenny

i have searched and googled through all the forum i could, i read a lot about ps2 not working anymmore and i read about the possible fixes

so i tried the OF fixes which consist in adding some declarations for the 8042 chip (directly by writing into nvram or by trying the official workaround "Pegasos Device Tree Supplement"
but it seems to have no effect on my ps2 devices

now i'm very annoyed and stuck, i cant downgrade my distrib because of ethernet not working anymore with the old kernel

so, what to do when the "Pegasos Device Tree Supplement" dont solve the ps2 problem ?
have anyone a fixed 2.6.26-2 kernel he could share ?
are there some recent known changes in xfree which could lead to non-recognisation of input devices ?
is there any other work-around ?

thanks in advance for your help

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
if i boot 2.6.26 ps2 devices dont work anymore, it work with usb(i only have a usb mouse to try replacing ps2 kb&mouse)
This is a perplexing error which I haven't managed to reproduce yet; I will give it a try this weekend if I have the chance.

In theory the device tree supplement shouldn't be needed (Linux actually patches the device tree itself, the PDTS is meant so people can remove those patches and simplify kernel maintenance..) but that it doesn't work is kind of annoying.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
This is a perplexing error which I haven't managed to reproduce yet; I will give it a try this weekend if I have the chance.

In theory the device tree supplement shouldn't be needed (Linux actually patches the device tree itself, the PDTS is meant so people can remove those patches and simplify kernel maintenance..) but that it doesn't work is kind of annoying.
Hi there. After some significant number of reinstalls of Debian, and picking linux-kernel-2.6.26-2-powerpc from the installer, PS/2 mice and keyboards work absolutely fine out of the box.

However it seems XGI graphics support does not :D

Sorry I can't reproduce your issue.