All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Case building batch
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:56 am 

Hello,

Do anyone have still interest with case housing for efika mobo ?

I plan to build a case with professional parts and PicoPSU 90W / 12V.

For the case parts, I have a 10% discount for 5 units, 20% for 10 units and 30% for 20 units.

The estimated price for a single case is around 80€.

For five units, the price drops to 66€
For ten units, the price drops to 58€
For twenty units, the price drops to 54€
For larger quantity, I may have a better discount.

This is without shipping fee and PSU.

For the PSU, I plan to import them from US to EU but shipping fee is overbudget for a single order : the shop charges around $90 for ups worldwide express !

Expected price is around 100€ for Case + PSU.

Before investigating further, I'd like to know if there is any interest for a batch order.

Czk.

EDIT : picture of the backplate : picture of the backplate

EDIT : The front panel will have :
- two 3mm (blue?) led for HD & POWER,
- two metalic switch for powerup & reset (i still have to find a cheap source, best current price is around 4€ each which is too expensive)

EDIT : the case will be done by http://www.schaeffer-ag.de/

Last edited by Tcheko on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Case building batch
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:30 am 

Quote:
Hello,

Do anyone have still interest with case housing for efika mobo ?
Yes, as it is I'm not using my efikas as they are caseless and I can't even demo them to customers. I'd buy 2 instantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:27 am 

Have you already designed the case completely? What are its measurements? What materials did you choose? I'd place the switches at the back. EFIKA is small enough to do so and it gives the front a cleaner look.
How come that French persons want to order from Schaeffer here in Berlin? It's funny because they are just some few kilometers away from me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:55 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
For the PSU, I plan to import them from US to EU but shipping fee is overbudget for a single order : the shop charges around $90 for ups worldwide express !
DO NOT USE THE MINI-BOX WEB STORE.

Contact iTuner Networks directly and buy the power supplies as an OEM. The minimum order quantity is very reasonable. They can tell you exactly which one you *need* and the price you will get for it, and even ship them directly from Taiwan by freight and give you the contact of a Brick manufacturer, so you don't have to pay for shipping to the US and then back to Europe.

You will find the OEM prices to be worth spending a few days emailing around, it will probably cut $25 from the cost of your case.

I also have deep concerns about the backplate, which has a fixed aperture for the graphics card ports; this is a design flaw of the highest order, since it restricts the case to graphics for a start (what if the customer wants ethernet or wireless and had a suitable PCI riser?), you will only be able to use the specific graphics card model you specified - we have been buying Radeons for years and every batch we get we have to buy new low-profile brackets for to fit the cases. For some of them we cannot even FIND suitable brackets. You would not want to limit your customers to a Club3D Radeon 9250 you found in a basket at Conrad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:17 am 

Quote:
I also have deep concerns about the backplate, which has a fixed aperture for the graphics card ports; this is a design flaw of the highest order, since it restricts the case to graphics for a start (what if the customer wants ethernet or wireless and had a suitable PCI riser?), you will only be able to use the specific graphics card model you specified - we have been buying Radeons for years and every batch we get we have to buy new low-profile brackets for to fit the cases. For some of them we cannot even FIND suitable brackets. You would not want to limit your customers to a Club3D Radeon 9250 you found in a basket at Conrad.
This is not the ** definitive design **. This picture is just a proposal to let the people imagine what would look like the backplate. As I have a radeon 9250, I did this design to fit my personal need. The final backplate will have a rectangular hole that will fit all low profile whatever PCI card.

Schaeffer can craft whatever hole you need in the backplate. If people want regular low profile bracket hole, good. If they need specific mounting hole as I did, they can have it too. Isn't that great ?

And thanks for the tips about picoPSU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:27 am 

Quote:
Have you already designed the case completely? What are its measurements? What materials did you choose? I'd place the switches at the back. EFIKA is small enough to do so and it gives the front a cleaner look.
How come that French persons want to order from Schaeffer here in Berlin? It's funny because they are just some few kilometers away from me.
I did a rough design to see how much the case would cost. I plan to build a prototype to cleanup the design and then, if there is enough interest, doing a batch.

The current size of the case is 120x174x56 mm.

Material is anodized aluminum. Anodized color can be choosed from : gold, bronze, black, red, blue, green, none.

For the switches, I try to find some nice looking one with metalic finish that will fit nicely with the front panel. For sure, simple switches at the back are enough. I will investigate both. Maybe some people would prefer the switches in front and other at the back. This will lead to two different front panel and two different back panel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
This is not the ** definitive design **. This picture is just a proposal to let the people imagine what would look like the backplate. As I have a radeon 9250, I did this design to fit my personal need. The final backplate will have a rectangular hole that will fit all low profile whatever PCI card.

Schaeffer can craft whatever hole you need in the backplate. If people want regular low profile bracket hole, good. If they need specific mounting hole as I did, they can have it too. Isn't that great ?
It's probably cheaper to have one case which fits all needs than spend too much on special custom components.

As for the switches, we found they're better on the front - it's closer to the actual connectors and saves dragging a cable through the case.

This is all input we had on the Open Client case, they're pretty much every feedback from every customer.. the back panel needs to fit any card, switches are in the wrong place, cable routing is a pain, no HD led :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:46 pm 

I like the backplate. I'd be happy if someone made and sold backplates. At the moment I use cardboard because I don't have the right tools or skill to make a nice metal one myself.

Harddisk AT/IDE 3.5\\\", 60 GB

Post subject: EfikaZ
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:53 am 

Hi,

Forgot to post here =)

EfikaZ

++