All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:49 pm 

Hi, we are in the section of projects about XGI cards. In another thread created in January, at the question "Where can we purchase 3.3v Volari cards?" it was answered "We will have them for sale on our site soon".

Are Volari cards available ? The question is the same : where can we buy cards ?

I didn't look deeply at the documentation but if it contains all technical information for a complete 2D support, it could be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:08 am 

with the PowerVR core in the Efika2, i'm not sure if there's still much interest in XGI cards today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:22 am 

You are right but my interest is not only for the Efika. In my mind, my question was more about recent video cards for which we can have full technical documentation.

About the PowerVR, I wish to see it documented too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
You are right but my interest is not only for the Efika. In my mind, my question was more about recent video cards for which we can have full technical documentation.

About the PowerVR, I wish to see it documented too :)
As with the more patentable aspects of the XGI chipset, the PowerVR support is probably going to be very closed source.

You're right, XGI has been kind of sidelined.. we don't know if it's going to be useful or not for a little while yet, while we validate the PowerVR solution. They're hard cards to find if you're not an OEM buyer, and apart from Genesi and IBM or medical imaging companies, there aren't many OEM buyers.

You can get the XGI Volari card from Directron as a direct benefit of them selling the Efika - there is still some stock left; you may have to contact them to organise it.

http://www.directron.com/fv3xt02.html