All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 pm 

My Genesi Smartbook screen has recently started blinking about every three seconds. I have tried various fixes like disconnecting and reinserting the battery, moving to a different location, etc. but nothing has worked so far. How do we fix this? Thanks

Last edited by Fox7799 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 pm 

does it happen only with Bodhi?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:11 pm 

The latest Bodhi Linux ARMHF is what I had installed so I don't know what other software would do. The Bodhi install worked well for a long time with no problem. The blinking has only happened the last couple days. Rechecking, I noticed an xorg error message probably due to some tweaking we recently did for display and monitor. I removed some xorg packages and the blinking stopped. Then I did a reinstall and things are back to normal. Bodhi Linux ARMHF performs very well on the Genesi Smartbook except we need a little more progress on lightspark so all videos will stream nicely. With that accomplished, we should be ready for a Bodhi Genesi ultrabook.