All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:41 pm 

My Genesi Smartbook is running Bodhi Linux ARMHF and has 3G phone capability but I have had no success yet in making phone calls from it. Normally I would use the Google talk plugin on Gmail to make phone calls but this plugin is not yet available for ARM (except on Android). I have tried software such as Ekiga with no success so far. What software should we use? Setup instructions would be appreciated. Is there any progress on making the Google Talk plugin available for this Smartbook?

Following is from Genesi forum but I don't see these options on my Bodhi ARMHF install:
If you look in Preferences and select Network Connections, you will see a Mobile Broadband tab. If you click on "Add" you will have a New Mobile Broadband Connection window open. The internal modem is made by HUAWEI. This is the preset option you will be given with when you get to this point (if you were using a USB 3G device you would select the "Any device" option). Then, you will be prompted to select your Country, your Provider and your plan. Currently, the plans listed in the Smartbook set-up wizard for AT&T are MEdia Net, Data Connect and Data Connect (Accelerated). We use Data Connect on our Smartbook. You can try entering the plan APN "Go Phone" (an option when your plan is not listed) and see where that takes you, but you may want to call AT&T and see if "Go Phone" falls within one of the options listed. Go Phone is pay as you go option and we do not know if Go Phone supports a data/mobile web browsing option for the HUAWEI modem we use. In any case, at this point select "Apply" and if it works your Mobile Broadband provider will be listed. After you close the set-up wizard, if you now move your cursor over the signal bars/network icon in the top left corner of the display you can select the Mobile Broadband option you have created.