All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 pm 

Originally I installed Bodhi Linux for the Genesi Smartbook on an SD card with the boot partition and main partition and Bodhi worked great through last weekend at http://LinuxFestNorthwest.org when someone took the SD card out while the Smartbook was running and disabled the system. Since then I have tried to boot the newer image file from Bodhi that is on one partition on the SD card plus the original 2 partition configuration but the SD cards will not boot on the Smartbook. The Gnome system that came with the Smartbook has only booted failsafe for a long time.

How do I get the Bodhi SD installations to boot? I can get to the command line on the original Gnome system that came with the Smartbook. Is there any way to rescue the boot there? Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Fox7799 on Fri May 04, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:00 pm 

Woohoo! I'm up and running with Bodhi Linux on my Genesi Smartbook internal ssd hard drive. It runs very fast and connects to wifi easily. The main difference this time was with the dd command, I had of=/dev/sdb instead of /dev/sdb1. The SD card was reformatted with my Canon camera and I could not read the resulting SD card img on an Intel computer. I did start from scratch, downloaded the zip file, checked the md5sum and extracted so I can't rule that out either.
I can play songs, etc. on vlc but videos so far seem to show the first frame and go no farther. The next Bodhi Linux upgrade for the Genesi Smartbook should be out sometime in May 2012 and that should allow more software updates and performance.

Hopefully this will help others get Bodhi running on their Genesi Smartbooks. Bodhi runs a lot better on the Smartbook than the default Gnome Maverick system.