All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:33 am 

hi there,

isn't there a debugger for MorphOS executables? i'd really need one. i'd be satisfied with a simple monam like debugger with shell usage...

bye, MarK.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:48 pm 

Quote:
hi there,

isn't there a debugger for MorphOS executables? i'd really need one. i'd be satisfied with a simple monam like debugger with shell usage...

bye, MarK.
There's no any and seems that there'll be none ever. 8(
Use MorphOS internal debugging features.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:28 am 

You mean it't not possible, or no one written it yet?

bye, MarK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:03 am 

Quote:

bye, MarK.
I have no idea is it possible or not, but no one had written it yet. Also I think that no one will. 8(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:25 am 

Quote:
Quote:

bye, MarK.
Marcin has a debug library which could be of help.
I was once told that the MOS team has an port of gdb.

Gunnar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:30 am 

hmmm, have to try to find it out... i'd be able to write it, if there would be a tracing routine... i know, assembler isn't so much used nowadays... but i really need this. i have already made working a 68k debugger with 68k tracing routine :)

bye, MarK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:02 am 

AFAIR, for binaries with proper debug info, latest LogTool is able to act some kind of simple "debugger", i.e. convert crash addresses to crash positions (line) in the source code. I wonder if it's useable for other languages than C tho'. I had no time to try it with FPC programs yet, but in theory, it should be doable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:03 am 

Quote:
AFAIR, for binaries with proper debug info, latest LogTool is able to act some kind of simple "debugger", i.e. convert crash addresses to crash positions (line) in the source code. I wonder if it's useable for other languages than C tho'. I had no time to try it with FPC programs yet, but in theory, it should be doable.
One could also use "CatchHit"
from ECX (E compiler) distribution. It intercepts the "trap message" sent when a hit occurs and adds its own information to it. Useful with Sashimi and ramdebug. For GCC/VBCC compiled programs you only get disassembly around hit, stack trace, and symbol information. For ECX compiled programs you also get line,source information and variable dump! (If compiled with that information)

Note: CatchHit has wrong name in current archive (Catchit).

Post subject: a debugger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 pm 

Hi, I have developed a simple debugger for my PowerD language, that works in MorphOS. First, it's an editor to write Your source code, and if You wanna debug it, You just press a key combination, the source compiles with special debug option, which elongates the executable and slows it down, because a special call is added after every line code, this call communicates with the editor, which jumps to actual source code line, and the call then waits for editor's command, right now it works with commands "next" and "run". It doesn't debug a lot right now, but if there is an illegal hit, or a crash, You can find out where exactly this happens... hope sooner or later this will become much more usable.

bye, MarK.