All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:48 am 

Guvenc, I did like your video. It is not state of the art, but it does deliver some message.
I also found Mr. Sealey's comment harsh.

A fact: Genesi is actually asking people to do things that they are not doing themselves, so gratitude should be over criticism.

Not that this comment of mine has any value, of course. I reckon that this should be a place for developers to share knowledge, not for arguments like this. I hope not to raise more tension myself, but just had to show my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:34 am 
Genesi

Hi, Leon has re-published the video and Matt will keep working on his communication skills. Often, it is not what you say, it is how you say it.

_break_

Karoly! That is a great video *too* 8) - thanks to all of you.

Sincerely,
R&B :)

Last edited by bbrv on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:10 am 

Hi, it's OK, I don't think that Matt had a bad intention. Upon his warning, I removed the copyrighted music from the video and replaced it with royalty-free music, so thanks to Matt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDHpKUM2V3Y

This video comes up when a search for following keywords are made: morphos, efika, pegasos, genesi, bplan, powerpc, ppc, amiga, linux. I hope many people learn from it and get to know our community more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:05 am 

Karoly, can you maybe consider uploading a low-quality version? It takes almost 4 hours to load the full movie here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Karoly, can you maybe consider uploading a low-quality version? It takes almost 4 hours to load the full movie here :)
We can host any videos of sufficient quality on Power Developer if you'd like. My only gripe is that web-based video doesn't work on MorphOS and PowerPC Linux (no decent plugins or flash) so Google is probably the best place to put it - you can download a WMV video of it that will work under MPlayer or Quicktime (Apple, not Linux) or whatever you choose.

We're hopefully working on the Adobe situation but their flash player inherits a weird x86 virtual machine JIT for ActionScript (actually they committed this to the Mozilla tree recently) and some other operations, I think a Power port is probably a heavy duty job someone would have to pay for or at least manage and bring in a lot of developers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:15 pm 

Downloadable versions in avi or mpeg format are also welcome, like the ones available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:00 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
We can host any videos of sufficient quality on Power Developer if you'd like. My only gripe is that web-based video doesn't work on MorphOS and PowerPC Linux (no decent plugins or flash) so Google is probably the best place to put it - you can download a WMV video of it that will work under MPlayer or Quicktime (Apple, not Linux) or whatever you choose.
Flash video is not an issue with MOS thanks to MPlayer. Youtube works good with MOS. In fact I use youtube more frequent with MOS than with Win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:46 am 

Quote:
Flash video is not an issue with MOS thanks to MPlayer. Youtube works good with MOS. In fact I use youtube more frequent with MOS than with Win.
Which browser and flash plugin do you use in MorphOS? Or do you use some script to download YouTube's FLV videos, and pass them on to MPlayer?