All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:31 am 
Genesi

If you have been following the the Efika MX Development Blog you know there have been many challenges - technical, manufacturing, legal, etc. In any case, if you purchased the Efika MX Open Client by 1 December 2009 you will be receiving the next version of the hardware for the cost of the shipping. This is a free hardware upgrade for all our Efika MX Open Client customers.

Email sent to Customers:

Dear Customers, this week all your outstanding Efika MX Open Client orders will be shipped. The units we have shipped, including those that ship this week all have TAPE OUT 2 (TO2) versions of the Freescale i.mx51. As we know, some of you have waiting very patiently. If you have been following the Efika MX Development Blog, you are aware of all the challenges we have had that are associated with being first to market. We felt we could wait no longer. We listened to your many requests!

To express our appreciation and thanks, we will be offering you a second unit with the final version of the i.mx51 based on TAPE OUT 3 (TO3) for the cost of shipping, as soon as they become available. We expect to be able to ship TO3 versions of the Efika MX in January 2010 and perhaps sooner. We will provide more details to you soon.

Please follow the Development Blog and support discussions on PowerDeveloper. We will be quickly releasing new software each week.

Best regards, and thank you for your patience,

Bill Buck

More details will be posted soon.

Best regards,
R&B :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:13 am 

Yet another (in a long list) proof of great customer support and genuine care for the early adopters. :-)
Quote:
if you purchased the Efika MX Open Client by 1 December 2009 you will be receiving the ... TAPE OUT 2 (TO2) versions of the Freescale i.mx51 [and then] ... a second unit with the final version of the i.mx51 based on TAPE OUT 3 (TO3) for the cost of shipping, as soon as they become available. We expect to be able to ship TO3 versions of the Efika MX in January 2010 and perhaps sooner.
Does this mean that if I would place an order in the following days or so, that nothing will be shipped until "TO3" sometime in January 2010?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:52 am 
Genesi

No, you will still get a TO2 system, but you will get *much* better software support than we have been able to provide until now. The TO2 systems have gone through a number of board revisions too, so they are much better than they were. They are very nice little systems with no moving parts and they should last for years.

The purpose of this gesture is to acknowledge the patience of our customers.

R&B :)