All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Mupper v1.1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:42 am 

I just want to announce that I have been working on two versions of mupper.. Mupper and Mupper-lite

The ordinary mupper will contain a full gnome and lite will continue to use fluxbox. All functionally that have been in mupper like sfs support will be there. :)

so Mupper v1.1 and Mupper-lite v1.1 will be release later this year. And maybe another thing will be released after that. so stay tuned :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:16 am 

Cool cool!

What ISO-sizes do you expect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:50 am 

Great, lizardman! :)
One can really sleep better having several linux-distros installed & your mupper ready to rescue them all :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:18 pm 

lisardman

YAY! The Mupper project is one of the most underestimated Pegasos projects. Very cool and thank you.

magnetic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:26 am 

thanks!

I have been working on mupper lite..

@ironfist. I don't have the exact iso-sizes couse it is not ready yet.. but you will be the first one to know :) mupper-v1.1 will be quite big it includes a complete gnome and mupper-lite will be alot smaller since it includes fluxbox instead. but why not fill out the cd :) I really had to split mupper into two versions since the first one grown alot.

there are not big changes in mupper-lite v1.1 and mupper v1.0 just version changes and bugfixes.

and the third one will be.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:24 am 
Genesi

We can easily add a mupper image to our online infrastructure. Let's do it!

It is the kind of thing that would be great for power2people. We already have the idea to download mirror lists and images - for the installer idea we just will throw the image on a spare place on disk; the installer creates a 2GB swap on ODW, and this is available to the installer bootkernel while the OS it installs is not actually running.

For a first implementation we can handle it easily with current resources; but the idea would have to be modified to act the same way - find a swap partition where the squashfs image will fit, and rsync it to there, and mount it locally.

Second step: mount over a local NFS share.

The SSH tunnel is easy to set up once those are done, and then we can get a server and do it remotely as and when it is required.

Great work Mikael!

R&B 8)