All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:38 pm 

Hey All, I bought a Efika MX smarttop recently and have been pretty impressed with 720p video playback (using totem).

I wanted to check with you all to see if you knew of a HTPC solution that will let me play images and videos through a playlist on Efika MX smarttop. If it is scriptable like totem that would be awesome :)

I'm willing to compile from source if needed. If no such solution exists today, I'm planning to download totem source code and explore the option of adding a image layer/plugin to it. Let me know what you think... thanks!

~ GW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 pm 
Genesi

Hi.

At this time, none of the media center software available will work out of the box due to various reasons such as: not based on gstreamer, need of GL acceleration for interface, etc.
We have been trying to get XBMC to work properly, but there are lots of issues and it will probably take too long to get this ready. It is being worked on, but has a very low priority due to other projects taking up most of our resources.

Johan.

Yep, I have a blog... PurpleAlienPlanet

Post subject: GeeXboX
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:32 pm 

Thanks for the instant response!

I just found out this thread at http://www.geexbox.org/forum/topic/geex ... -smarttop/ - I'm building it right now...

hope it works (fingers crossed!)...