All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 am 
Genesi

Please submit your Projects. The first one that has been submitted and accepted is DoudouLinux. Priority will be given to folks that have been actively involved in the imx51 Project Program.

We will start by sending you a board and then later as long as progress is being made either the new imx53 smartbook, smarttop or... smarttablet.

Best regards,
R&B :)

Post subject: MythTV
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:36 pm 

I'm posting this here because it is not really a project as such, but may be of some interest.
I think the EfikaMX2 is ideal as a MythTV frontend, and wouls like a development board to try and get it running.

I own a smartbook that I have been trying to get it running on. I already have some patches in the works for debian multimedia in order to get it to compile for hardfloat.

So what I can provide is this :
Patches to get MythTV to compile on debian armhf.
Howtos on getting the frontend up and running, and running well.
Insight into how well this excellent DVR system runs on the EfikaMX2.
Hopefully I can get it to play back full HD by getting some of the bleeding edge NEON ffmpeg stuff to work.

I think the efika mx2 smarttop will appeal quite well to the mythtv community as a frontend, as it consumes very little power, and will be really cheap.