All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 pm 

Quote:
Hi.
Quote:
your imx53 and imx6 boards use Mali 200/400 dont they ?
No, the i.mx53 has an AMD GPU and the i.mx6 uses one from Vivante.

Johan.
thanks for clearing that up Purple Alien, my mistake for assuming they/freescale would use the standard ARM inc GPU's on these 10/15 year lifespan SOC, i don't suppose Vivante have or will open their 3d stack etc any time soon.

and perhaps AMD will open this ARM i.mx53 GPU if they get around to writing the floss code some day, or is it already one of the existing generic FLOSS drivers already covered in mesa?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:32 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi.
Quote:
your imx53 and imx6 boards use Mali 200/400 dont they ?
No, the i.mx53 has an AMD GPU and the i.mx6 uses one from Vivante.

Johan.
thanks for clearing that up Purple Alien, my mistake for assuming they/freescale would use the standard ARM inc GPU's on these 10/15 year lifespan SOC, i don't suppose Vivante have or will open their 3d stack etc any time soon.

and perhaps AMD will open this ARM i.mx53 GPU if they get around to writing the floss code some day, or is it already one of the existing generic FLOSS drivers already covered in mesa?
For glibc this will completely break floating point math in very subtle ways..