All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 am 

Sorry, I can't even imagine, how this could be possible...

Post subject: boot issue
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:35 am 

I will try to create one and try to copy yaboot there.

I will let you know how it went.

vedran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:13 am 

I completely erased everything on HD and recreated all partitions manually. Actually, OpenSuse 10.2 created all partitions as part of one large extended partition. Crazy but it was like that.

I managed that, and I wanted to install OpenSuse 11.1 , I copied all yaboot files to / partition.
I started with boot hd:0 yaboot and when I was prompted with option to type install I got the following message after typing "install" in boot prompt
/pci@80000000/ide@C,1/disk@0,0:,inst32: Unable to open file, Invalid device
and I was prompted again to boot promp.
Any advise?

veki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:28 pm 

I realized that my peg2 machine does not read my DVD that I burnt using K3B on my Toshiba laptop with OpenSuse 11.2. (I copied yaboot files via Ethernet connection).
I burnt ISO image using Brasero, but my Peg does not read that DVD too, although my Toshiba laptop reads it well. hhmmm. I will check what is the point and probably it does not see device since it is not able to read DVD.

More with results after additional checking of readability of DVD.

veki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 am 

I realized that my inst32 file was corrupted and it could not boot. After fixing that issue I installed OPenSuse 11.1 on my Pegasos and it works fine so far.
However, there are issue with some packages.... I noticed that some packages for openoffice are missing. I will check that in more details and let you know how things go.

Vedran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 pm 

Version 1.4.3 of Banshee in openSuse 11.1 has a bad bug which is fixed in 1.5x and 1.6x series. But, as far as I know there are not yet rpms compiled for ppc. Thus, when they will be available that bug will disappear and you will be able to listen music by usinG Banshee.

veki