All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:40 am 

My Efika Smartbook's lcd broke some time ago after if was kicked off the desk by a disgruntled feline. Are there any other enclosures available for the mobo? I'm able to ssh into the Smartbook, listen music and all that, but I'd rather house it somewhere else and get rid of the broken lcd, lid and the keyboard.

I suppose I could get a replacement lcd, but it doesn't seem all that attractive an option considering what's been going on last few years with netbooks, android tablets and everything else. One might as well get a new netbook.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 pm 
Genesi

Unfortunately there aren't any other enclosures, it is possible to get a new LCD for it (which is just a matter of taking out roughly 8 screws. The PCB (motherboard) for the smartbook isn't in a square shape, so you'd definitely have to make something customized.