All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 pm 

Hi all

I've got a Smarttop.

Few days ago i grab it back since a long time ago.
Then i told me i can reinstall everything.
For Fun i do a
Code:
rm -Rf /*
And after i tried to reinstall debian on my SSD but the only answer i've got on the terminal is that :
Code:
^R?"?bkV??GRcRGG?r?skRWNc?g~??CCkck?n????fgrNcg?brbf{??f???g????K??R?K??RR?g???{s???W?o?b??WN?f???R>??Fw?WgBg"cccokF?ccoGK?kcK??br[BcB^??'?W?o?bWG??NVZF??R??rb?Wg?W?o&bs??.NVZF??Rfw?g??o?bKGg?NV^F??Rfw?????Gg????NV^F??Rfw?cs?W?Gg????NVZF??Rfw?fOK?ocZ?__?g??B?kSZ??fZs?c?
R?cZW+?ZKk?sZ??osk?Zcc??Z??NZZk?VZW
ZWo?fkZ?cW_Z??ZwZsZoon?Zo?Z??F?g?oZk??Z?__?R?_?R?kgZ{ZogZ?kc?Z?
??Z{Zgc?Zg?Z?Zk?Zc??Z??Z'?ZkG?Z?k?k?Z?jwZ??gZo??Zo??RoR?ZoR?Zo?Zo?ZoR?ZobZobZoR?ZofZoR?RoR?RSR?ZobZ/R?Zo?Zo?Zo?Zo?Zo?Z??Zsk~R???^?{?JV?ckJZ^ccj^c??k^g^g????^?og^c???[?^{?^????^c??w?^g????K^????gfg??^w^gc?wk?^wk?"?o[?Zk? ??G??ZGn??Z??jZ???o?????_??g??ZWk?c??W?Z????{?Z??w?*k[?s??ZkjZ?gZ???????????cgZ?g??????wGZwG?wGZo+[????V??ZsZ?kgZ??bZ????Z??BZs??V?Z??c??c???c??c???????????????c??????g?^Z?k?W?rjb?ZSOvW?So?ZS???ZSo??k{?Z???S?g?gW??_???c?????????k?^c[^c[????ojc?^ogg^o?wo??o?^^oCW^{f?^C?^CV?Cs??{?ogc?o?wh?^o?^?oCW^{?^C?^CV^?f?^Cs??{?s??k???k?br??c?Z?f?ZC??C?ZCs??{ZCf?Zg???
Is there anyway to do a reset factory ?
Or any kind of solution ?

I don't have any display. I just have my term on Mac or fedora.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm 

did you try re-installing from an SD card? all you should need to do is just dd one of the installer images from powerdeveloper onto an SD card and go from there.

the quote looks like a bunch of garbage to me but maybe you are using a different charset than I can see on my browser properly.

If you don't have a display at all on your smarttop you can try my headless image at http://steubentech.com/~talon/Efika-MX/ ... taller.tar it's a root filesystem tar with an installer shell script. You may want to use this install.sh script instead of the one in the tarball though: http://steubentech.com/~talon/Efika-MX/ ... install.sh

This wiki page should explain how my headless Debian install works. I would recommend using the squeeze one unless you want to experiment (my wheezy image is quite old and I have no idea if updates will break it or not, once I get caught up more I plan on updating some of my images, including new Debian armhf stuff)
http://library.powerdeveloper.net/index ... ess_images

I haven't tested using the serial port on my headless install but it should work, either way you should be able to reinstall it through the network using my headless image without a display or a serial board regardless.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 am 

I've got just a question. Can i acces the hard drive through the serial port ?

Normally i put my SD card and i see u-boot messages. But since this this problem i can't see u-boot messages (or it's in this strange language)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:50 am 

Yep !

It was long but it works.
I use your headless image and after some try i saw a red blinking led.
Now it's on the SSD,

Everything is fine !

Thanks !