All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:31 am 

Hello !

Could you tell me which distro to install on the efikamx according to the following points :

- easy to install (SD image with installer)
- recent (recent kernel, packages)
- including all necessary drivers/ modules out of the box (wifi, audio...)

thanks for your advice !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:49 pm 

well, other than the maverick image available on powerdeveloper.org you could try my Squeeze desktop image. it all depends on your definition of "recent" though. it is Debian stable.

the thread on it is here: http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/vi ... f=7&t=2262 and also some information at http://library.powerdeveloper.net/index.php/Debian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 am 

thank you wschaub !

actually recent is not really the priority, the more important is that i have wifi and audio out of the box.
I'll try your image, thank you very much !!!

Edit: i successfully installed your debian image and everything seems working great, i only have one question : i hooked the efika to a 26" screen (hdmi) which has a native resolution of 1920x1200 but can't seem to able to select anything above 720p, is it a hardware limitation or can i add higher resolutions ? Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:58 pm 

Quote:
thank you wschaub !

actually recent is not really the priority, the more important is that i have wifi and audio out of the box.
I'll try your image, thank you very much !!!

Edit: i successfully installed your debian image and everything seems working great, i only have one question : i hooked the efika to a 26" screen (hdmi) which has a native resolution of 1920x1200 but can't seem to able to select anything above 720p, is it a hardware limitation or can i add higher resolutions ? Thanks !
The kernel selects the best 720p mode it can find. there are ways to go above that though but it's currently not as easy as just selecting a new resolution from a menu at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 am 

alright, i'll do some tweaking then.

thanks again, this Squeeze image is a very nice work !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 pm 

i Installed the armhf distro from wschaub via the livesd and the github script, and it works very well.