All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Monitor for Efika MX
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:55 am 

Hi,

I recently purchased an Efika MX but so far have been unable to get it to work with my monitor. I have a TFT capable of showing 1680x1050 pixels through DVI. I tried to connect the Efika MX to it using a HDMI-->DVI adapter but it doesn't work. Is there some way to get the Efika to work with this monitor or do I need a different monitor for the Efika? I see that Efika uses 720p HDMI but I don't know any monitors that use 1280x720 pixels.

Thanks

Post subject: Possible solutions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:03 am 

Hello,

I had the same problem with a different monitor, 1280x1024, you can read all about it in this thread:
http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/vi ... php?t=2104

To cut a long story short: I bought a different HDMI to DVI cable and then it did work.

If your monitor and cable do work with a different machine or different OS or, if you don't wan't to buy a new cable just jet, here is the long story:

Try the latest Maverick release, go to the Linux support page:
http://www.powerdeveloper.org/platforms/efikamx/linux
Download the latest image, uncompress it, write it to an SD card, put the card in the efika and turn it on.

If that doesn't work, try hotplugging the monitor while the machine is booting (from the SD card), one or a few seconds after you turned the Efika on, make certain the display is not asleep, you may need to try this quite a few times before it works.

If that doesn't work it will be a bit more work to diagnose and hopefully solve the problem. It would be easiest with the debug board, I don't have it and I assume you don't have it either. Here it goes:

Because Genesi's linux releases do not come with sshd, you cannot login remotely on your Efika but, someone solved that problem, you can get what you need here:
http://steubentech.com/~talon/Efika-MX/ ... /maverick/
Read the README, copy the image or create the SD card and boot the Efika off of it, go to another machine, login remotely, with ssh, and execute the dmesg command. That will produce all the messages the kernel produced while booting and we need those to start diagnosing the problem, copy the output and post it here, in this thread.

If anything (or everything) isn't clear do tell me.

Good luck,
Frank.