All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 pm 

I was wondering if anyone can give me a good recommendation for a carrying case for the Efika MX smartbook.

What I want is something just the right size to fit the Efika that has a hard shell to protect the netbook from compression.

ideally I would like to be able to also fit this case inside my huge Solidex bag (that I originally got with my Tadpole SPARCbook 3GX many years ago) along with a full sized laptop. (theres a back compartment that i can squeeze an OLPC XO-1 inside of but I'm afraid that it may be too tight for the Efika and break the screen without a hard cover that wont flex)

So far I haven't found much online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 am 
Genesi

Hi William, here are two totes that go well with the Efika MX Smartbook:

Wenger PillarNetbook Slimcase

CaseLogic 10.2" Tote

We paid quite a bit more for the Wenger than the Case Logic, around $25 at Office Max. The Case Logic tote is actually better designed and completely adequate. It was $6.99 on Amazon.com. The Wenger has a small strap across the back to slide on to a suitcase pull handle for wheeling through an airport, but this is the only better design feature. That said the materials used for the Wenger are superior - metal instead of plastic and a much more durable/stronger fabric.

Here is the good news: Genesi is having a tote made that will have the Genesi logo and be made for the Efika MX. We will have details in the next month.

Best regards,
R&B :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:54 am 

So you are saying it has a metal shell under the fabric? if that is true, thats exactly what I'm looking for. although it would be really cool to have a bag with the Genesi logo on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:17 am 
Genesi

Hi WIlliam, no metal shell but a very durable fabric. We could come up with an insert if that became a feature in demand.

R&B :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:37 am 

Not a hard case. but I use an HP Mini Netbook case. It has 3 outside pockets that let me carry a spare battery, pens, a 7 port USB hub, and a miniature mouse.

Science, n. Investigation of natural phenomena.
Engineering, n. Domestication of natural phenomena.
Technology, n. Domesticated natural phenomena.

--

\"It is essential for automatic computation that, instead of containing every single instruction necessary to carry out the program, the coded program include methods for generating instructions which are needed to carry out the program. ... One measure of the extent to which an automatic digital computer is used effectively is given by the ratio of the number of instructions formed in the machine to that of the instructions inserted into the machine initially.\" Mathematical Machines Volume I Digital Computers ©1961 Francis J. Murray

If so, then why is this ratio zero on most modern computer software?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:38 am 

I don't know if you guys in the US have such a thing as charity shops (you probably call them thrift stores or hospice shops). I have bought a few times in the past cases similar to the second one shown for about £5 or £6 and they lasted ages.