All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Lid behaviour
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:59 am 

Hi.

After upgrading to the latest Maverick image (March 2011) from http://www.powerdeveloper.org/platforms/efikamx/linux I now have working suspend/resume (this is a smartbook)- thanks!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to tell gnome-power-manager to suspend the machine when I close the lid. Firstly, I don't have the options in the gui and if I set the relevant gconf switches anyway (/apps/gnome-power-manager/buttons/lid_[ac|battery]) they are still ignored.

When I close the lid the display turns off and the event shows up in dmesg - so clearly good things are happening. I just can't work out which part of the system is handling the event in order to change it!

Ideally I'd like the device to wake when I open the lid as well as suspend when I close it. Is that possible?

(I've just found this at the end of my debug trail: http://gitorious.org/efikamx/linux-kern ... b23f/diffs - so I guess the answer is basically 'no for now' - has anyone found a workaround for this?)
Who

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm 
Genesi

Have you connected to the internet and installed all of the updates? There should be an updated upower package from the Genesi repository that fixed this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 pm 
Genesi

Please note that Updates does not mean upgrade to Natty! Otherwise your machine will be in a mostly unrecoverable state!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:57 am 

Thanks, the update did the trick - sorry about that

I get suspend and wake on lid close and open.

Out of interest, what needed to be changed? The config files for the original upower package and the genesi ones looked similar, so I'm curious as to what fixed the bug. I couldn't see a src repository or package associated with the Genesi update repo so I couldn't easily see what was done in the new version...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:36 pm 
Genesi

The source is here:

https://github.com/genesi/upower (Maverick branch)

It's just a little one-liner, "Correct lid switch on MX Smartbook (upstream 8b9ee53)"; If you look at the upstream patch, it's for a newer version of upower, so we had to back port it. We're still working on the 2 release with some battery fixes.