All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 am 

I have packaged my Xcas computer algebra system for armel. You can install it by adding
Code:
to /etc/apt/sources.list, then from a terminal:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install giac
Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have packaged my Xcas computer algebra system for armel. You can install it by adding
Code:
to /etc/apt/sources.list, then from a terminal:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install giac
Enjoy!
Neat. Does it produce the 3D graphics using OpenGLES or is it using the software rendering provided by the Mesa OpenGL (also provided)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 pm 

I don't remember, I compiled with the first package which was giving the required GL headers. I also noticed that GL support is not complete: textures are not implemented for example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:40 am 

I don't know if this gives the info: the output of dpkg -l '*mesa*dev' returns that libegl1-mesa-dev, libgl1-mesa-dev, libgles1-mesa-dev, libgles2-mesa-dev, mesa-common-dev and xlibmesa-gl-dev are installed, the binaries are linked with /usr/lib/mesa/libGL.so.1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I don't remember, I compiled with the first package which was giving the required GL headers. I also noticed that GL support is not complete: textures are not implemented for example.
It does support textures, but OpenGLES 2.0 removes all the fixed function pipeline in favor of fragment shaders and vertex shaders. So there is a little work required to just map a texture to the side of a cube..

OpenGLES 1.1 maps onto ES2.0 (it's an emulation layer) and will provide all the OpenGL 2.0 features from the desktop you probably need but you have to take into account the few, more advanced, missing features..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:06 am 

Giac/Xcas has been updated to version 0.9.5. Textures are indeed supported. Main new feature : includes LAPACK support for faster numeric linear algebra.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:17 am 

Updated to 0.9.9.